Singapore Zoo – A Must Visit
Singapore is the most sought after tourist destination for many around the world. Singapore is a beautiful country, a spectacular place to visit, that attracts everyone. It is one of the cleanest cities in the world that makes it a must-visit place. There are so many attractions to see when in Singapore like the Sentosa Island, Marina Bay Sands, Universal Studios, Merlion Park, Night Safari, Jurong bird park, and the Singapore Zoo.
A visit to the Singapore Zoo will leave you with a memorable experience. Located on the north-western side of the island, the Zoo has to its credit a lot of international awards in recognition of its wonderful upkeep. It is the best rainforest zoo in the world and is home to nearly 2800 animals from 300 species of birds, mammals, and reptiles. Visitors from around the world throng the Zoo all through the year and have a great time enjoying nature and wildlife.
- The main attraction of the Zoo is the Open Concept. Animals here are maintained in open enclosures that are designed to resemble their natural habitats. They have a spacious environment to move about.
- The Singapore Zoo offers all that an animal lover can ever think of. You have numerous opportunities for close-up encounters here with the Feeding sessions, Jungle breakfast with wildlife, wild discoverer tour, etc.
- There are a lot of amazing shows where the animals enchant you beyond limits. You will be stunned to see the acrobatics of the Californian Sea Lions at the Splash safari.
- Getting around the Zoo is made comfortable with guided tram rides.
- You can have great fun with the gravity-defying flips in Megabounce, if you love to indulge in a little adventure.
- With a vintage-style carousel, you can have a ride upon animals from rhinos to tigers.
- There is a variety of wet play area for the kids to explore, like the water slides or the Jumbo bucket splashing water.
- Children can also have a great time on the pony’s back to trek around.
- Enjoy breakfast in the company of orangutan, an experience greatly enjoyed by many tourists.
- You can have unlimited fun feeding the animals like Elephants, giraffe, goat, and white rhinos. Each feeding session has a set schedule and a limited food supply.
The following are the main exhibits at the Zoo:
- African wild-life, such as giraffes, Zebra, lions, cheetah, meerkats, white rhinoceros, roam about freely here.
- You can find the Australian Kangaroo species here, the grey kangaroo and the wallaby.
- On the Gibbon island you can find white-handed gibbons, red-ruffed lemurs, and black howler monkeys.
- The Primate kingdom hosts nearly 39 primate species notable among them being, lion-tailed macaques, black and white colobus monkeys, patas monkeys, langurs.
- Ethiopia’s Great rift valley features the hamadryas baboons, Nubian ibex, and banded mongoose.
The Zoo is huge, so you may need nearly 3 hours to explore it. You have an entry fee of S$37 per adult and S$25 for children aged 3-12 years. You can buy the tickets online and save 5-20% in addition to avoiding long queues. The Zoo is open from 8.30 am to 6 pm on all days.
There are a lot of educational programs for both local and foreign students ranging from day and night camps and guided tours. With the set up of Healthcare and research center, you also have access to animal surgery and treatment areas.
After an extensive visit of the Zoo, make sure to pay a visit to the Zoo gift shop too to take home souvenirs to keep the memories of wildlife lingering for a long time.